O&M Made Easy
Diffusers that can be maintained when they need it make for systems that work even amidst the toughest conditions. When accessibility for inspection and maintenance is the priority and reactors
cannot be drained, the ModuleAir™ retrievable diffuser system is the solution.
Floating retrieval lines enable the self-contained assemblies to be craned out for inspection and maintenance. Dedicated supply lines and ballasts are built right into the assemblies, as is the pipe on which diffusers are directly mounted.
Specially engineered for your application
Span up to 50 ft (15 m)
Stainless steel or PVC pipe
ModuleAir™ configurations are compatible with:
- All EDI membranes
- FlexAir™ fine-bubble disc, tube, or panel diffusers
- CoarsAir™ coarse-bubble diffusers
And are useful for:
- Industrial applications, particularly high-intensity applications or reactors which cannot be drained.
- Municipal applications
Installation and maintenance with the reactor on-line
EDI ModuleAir System is ideal for applications where online system reliability and operating performance are mandatory. The system allows individual grids to be installed, accessed, or removed without draining or taking the reactor out of service.
This system is available in varying diameters and lengths depending on application needs. Systems up to 60 ft (18 m) and air capacities up to 2000 scfm (3400 sm3/h) have been supplied.
For tank applications, EDI ModuleAir System rests directly on the reactor floor. The assembly is typically lifted and dropped into position with an overhead crane.
For lagoon applications, EDI ModuleAir System is provided with adjustable base plates. The system is typically floated and lowered into position. Adjustable base plates allow the system to be leveled from the water surface.
EDI ModuleAir is ideal for single-reactor applications where online installation and maintenance is required. The aeration system could be pullet out for maintenance without having to drain the basin. Applications requiring supplemental oxygen supply, mixing, or energy upgrades are also suitable.
Standard material of construction is stainless steel. This provides the required structural performance to support large grids. Alternate materials of construction, including galvanized steel and non-metal materials, are also available.
Want to know what ModulAir could do for your plant?
Submit your RFP today and our on-staff professional engineers can help you size and design a coarse-bubble aeration and treatment upgrade to meet your wastewater treatment requirements.
ModuleAir System with Lift-In/Lift-Out Diffuser Option
- Available with all EDI fine bubble diffusers
- Accommodates variable water level and nonuniform ﬂoor conditions
- Self-contained assembly; dedicated airline and ballasted assembly rests on reactor ﬂoor
- Stainless steel construction standard; alternate materials of construction available
- Retrievable modules for high rate aeration applications where the reactor cannot be drained for system maintenance
- Modules can span 5 feet (1.5 m) up to 50 feet (15 m) depending on application
Typical stainless steel construction